Thursday, July 26, 2007

Komodo



When Niffer-bur and I got to the Chicago aquarium on Monday we found a line that went out the door, down the front steps, and halfway across the courtyard. A clue to the reason for the madness was the giant blow-up lizard whose mouth the line disappeared into: There was a temporary lizard exhibit going on, including a Komodo Dragon.

While I was impressed with the aquarium, I thought the Komodo was nothing to wait in line for 40 minutes for. It's kind of goofy-looking. Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd seen it flick its tongue or lumber around its enclosure or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never watched The Freshman, I take it?

Anonymous said...

When I was in Bali I spent about 5 weeks talking about going to Komodo; never managed to get there due to spending everyday in the pool. Apparently there is only one place to stay on the island for tourists, and if you want to go to the toilet at night you need to cross the street and avoid being snapped at by a dragon!