Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Unlucky

Lest you think my life is all free art and decadent California breakfasts, here are some unfortunate things that have happened to me recently:
  • I got a $35 parking ticket in Del Mar while M.M. and I were off hunting for quarters to put in their ridiculously overpriced meters.
  • The bottle of vintage Nicaraguan rum I picked up in Tijuana broke in M.M.'s checked bag on the way back (curses to Homeland Security and its inane liquids ban!).
  • I skipped tae kwon do and came straight home from work today intending to do some much-needed laundry, only to find that a water main had broken. I didn't have water until just minutes ago--that is, 11:20 p.m.
Speaking of tae kwon do, here's something good that happened last week that I haven't blogged about: I got my brown belt. I'd been a red belt since July, what with switching schools and being rather lazy about learning the new curriculum. My next test will be for black belt. Yikes.

2 comments:

towwas said...

Woo! Brown belt! Congratulations, you badass, you!

Anonymous said...

I know about the liquid problem (being a SSSS kind of guy inall). I packed a bottle of Mosel in my suitcase from a little village on the er Mosel. Odf course the thin neck had no chance, i had glass everywhere when I unpacked and a wine sodden suitcase. Still at least it was a white :)