Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Unlucky 2


This past weekend I had strep throat. If you're thinking, "hmmm, I haven't had strep since I was 12," there's a reason for that: Adults rarely get strep. If, like me, you're an adult with no tonsils, your odds are even better. But there it is: I had strep.

Which wouldn't have been so terrible--ok, I could barely swallow, but I spent a couple of days sleeping a lot and watching DVDs--except that I was supposed to test for my black belt on Saturday afternoon, and I missed it. My next chance to test will be in June.

Not that being a black belt would make a large material difference in my life. It would make a small material difference, though, not only because I'd get to wear an actual black belt to class, embossed with my name, but also because I'd have the privilege of wearing a black uniform. Not that I'm a workout fashionista, but that would be a vast improvement on what I've had to wear for the past four years. These pants don't flatter anyone, but they're particularly unkind to those of us who are well-endowed in the gluteal region.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that there is literally a black belt with my name on it, waiting for me in the studio office.

No comments: