Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Overheard

So here's what happened to me this weekend: my Internet stopped working. Then I went to New York City (the events were unrelated). The technicians just came and fixed the Internet, and fortunately didn't notice/comment on the fact that I'm stealing cable from their company.

A snippet of conversation I overheard on the bus from DC to NYC on Saturday:

"Oh, I despised her. Any girl who would hang out with dorks just because she likes the attention... that's why she went to Cornell, you know."

I was amused.

In NYC I met my best friend from high school (henceforth to be referred to as HSBFF), whom I haven't seen in two years because he lives in Seattle. We ate ethnic foods and walked around and went to some really gay bars and the UN. We stayed in a very crappy, overpriced hostel. I wish one of my good friends would move to New York so that I'd have a free place to stay there again.

On Sunday night we were walking down the sidewalk and saw someone we'd known in high school and hadn't seen since. I think this is a bigger coincidence than the time I was chatting with a girl in Ithaca and we realized we'd been in the same Turkish class... in Turkey.

HSBFF is coming to visit me on Thursday. He'll be my first visitor in the penthouse, not including my sister (who helped me move here).

1 comment:

towwas said...

Once on the DC-NY bus I sat next to some woman who called everyone she knew to tell them the same story about her wild night. I was like, ok, ok, you went to bed late and you totally overslept and almost missed the bus! If only you had missed the bus so I wouldn't have to listen to you!