Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas


Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention in other places I've lived, but it seems like people--or rather, institutions--in DC are very into the Christmas decorating. Really more like solstice decorating, since it's mostly tasteful trees and wreaths and snowflakes, no Santas or nativity scenes. Tonight I came home to find two motorized white reindeer on top of the overhang that shades the door to my building, a giant wreath and Christmas tree in the lobby, and--my favorite--the bank of monitors at the front desk was wrapped like a present (though not the monitor part).

Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures of any of this because my digital camera is still dead, so I borrowed this one off of Flickr. Thanks, dustmachine! But not to worry: I'm getting a new camera for Christmas.

1 comment:

towwas said...

Yeah, your building was on the route Miss Shirley and I took to the theater during tech week for the Christmas show, and we giggled at the reindeer every time.