Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Requiem for a camera


I just got back last night from a conference in Baltimore. I like conferences: the living above my means on someone else's money, the hanging out that we call networking. By about the third day I was starting to miss my real life, though--interacting only with other people in my profession for that long had gotten a little intense. I also didn't want Rocky to go too crazy.

Then, yesterday afternoon, tragedy struck. I was walking around the Johns Hopkins undergrad campus and dropped my camera, and now it no longer turns on. Sure, I got the camera for free, but it came all the way from Australia which made it special, and it's very small and cute. How will I illustrate my blog without a digital camera?

Case in point: Shown here (in one of the very last pictures taken with the camera) is the inside of a bathroom at the conference hotel. I think we can all agree that a picture of a marble bathroom is worth at least 1,000 words.

1 comment:

towwas said...

Oh, no! That's terrible! Well, I'm very happy with my tiny camera, if you want a camera recommendation. It's something along these lines: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E158D4/