Tuesday, July 25, 2006

To Drive Or Not To Drive

Today I got an auto insurance quote for D.C., and it wasn't pretty. Then I got some more quotes, and they weren't much better. So the question I'm thinking of just selling my car rather than spending oodles of money to keep it parked on the street all the time except for the 1-2 times a week when it seems more convenient to drive through D.C.'s notorious traffic and find parking than to just walk or take public transit. I can always rent a car for weekend excursions, right? To be honest, convenience comes in third in my reasons not to sell my car, the first two being:

1.) I really like Grommit, he's a very distinctive accessory, and I literally just paid him off (should be getting the title in the mail any day)
2.) It will be a pain in the ass to sell my car

Neither of which should really tip the balance toward the spending of oodles of money (not to mention time at the DMV!) to let a car languish by the curb.

Still, I'd feel better if I knew someone who'd give Grommit a good home. Anyone want to adopt a car? He won't be free to good home, but I might knock some off the blue book value for the right person...

Or maybe better insurance news will come in the morning.

PHOT0138

Speaking of adoptions, Rocky is doing better. She's still hiding when I come home and not eating as much as she probably should, but she's acting much more like a sweet, affectionate, non-terrified cat. [TOWWAS: I remember telling you a long time ago that if I started a blog it would have to be about my cat. Case in point. Although to be fair, I would have included a picture of my car too if it weren't nine floors and a long, long hallway away. I didn't even have to get up to take a picture of Rocky.]

3 comments:

towwas said...

Your cat is sleeping on your bed. Yay.

I'll keep my ears open for someone who needs a car.

Anonymous said...

I recently tried e-surance. Their parent company is White Mountin. (http://today.reuters.com/stocks/CompanyProfile.aspx?Type=Full&symbol=WTM.N)
They sold me a policy starting at $120 less than what I paid progressive. Just a thought as I am sad thinking of Grommit leaving you. *snif*

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, don't get rid of the yellow car!