Monday, July 31, 2006

Free Lunch and Other Anomalies


Notable events from today:

-The whole office went out to lunch at Vidalia to celebrate certain recent accomplishments. It was fancy, as you can see from my rather blurry vegetarian entree. Also it took about 2 1/2 hours.

-I got a parking ticket. I'd been so absorbed in looking at the sign that said people with my permit number were allowed to park there that I failed to notice the sign underneath it prohibiting parking during rush hour. There was a stupid $100 mistake. I'm hoping, though, that being that I'm about to ditch my out-of-state license plates (and the car, for that matter), I can stick it to the man by just not paying it. It's worked for me before (knock on wood): I still owe the city of New York $65.

-Which serves as yet another reminder of the advantages of not driving. I listed the Beetle for sale this evening. The idea leading a simpler, car-free existence held a lot of appeal for me, even before the ticket--I just wish I didn't have to give up Grommit to achieve it.

-It's the last day of July! And what a month it's been.

2 comments:

towwas said...

Check it out, i was there in January: http://mellificent.blogspot.com/2006/01/restaurant-week.html

Coloradan said...

So you did! I, too, noted the "decanter" of mouthwash. I'm sure it comes in handy during certain two-and-a-half-hour lunches.