Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Lesson

I've observed before that when I blog about needing/wanting something, it's often miraculously delivered to me: a DVD player, a corkscrew, a digital camera. But I wasn't thinking about that history when I blogged last week about how brown and depressing Pueblo and its environs were. Sure enough, whatever gods there be sent me a three-day snowstorm. Maybe you think that's no big deal because you think it snows all the time in Colorado, but Pueblo is no Buffalo: it gets 10 inches of precipitation a year, and when I was a teenager there I wore sandals for most of the winter. (Ok, so some people thought I was crazy, but I still have all my toes).

While pretty, the snow left me stranded at my parents' house doing nothing while I would rather have been somewhere else doing nothing. One plus: I got to go snowshoeing. Allow me to recommend my debut Canon filmaking project, a clip of our dog trying to hitch a ride on the backs of my mom's snowshoes.

The lesson, in case you missed it, is that I need to be careful what I wish for on The Ninth Floor.

3 comments:

towwas said...

Why don't you try asking for world peace? And for me to get a raise? I could use a raise.

Anonymous said...

Seems a bit unfair that the dog gets no shoes. Nice Camera work, maybe you should get on a plane to hollywood!

Anonymous said...

I'm not feeling the love for the 'Blo. Must you insist on hurting our fair city's feelings over and over again? And don't tell that precipitation thing is a fact. Facts are meaningless; they can be used to prove anything!