Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Updates


I haven't been blog-inspired lately, but here are updates on a few things I've mentioned here recently:
  • Blogging about my broken DVD player seems to revive it. It groans, it considers its options, but still it clings to life.
  • I bought a new pair of glasses since the eye doctor told me I need to start wearing them more (my contacts are starving my corneas for oxygen). They're a pretty strong statement.
  • It turns out I took the wrong online training at work, meaning I'll have to do it again at some point. I did pass the test for the wrong training, though, demonstrating my ability to... um...
  • Chinese is hard. I don't know whether my grey matter has hardened noticably since the last time I took Mandarin (four and a half years ago), or whether it's just very hard to absorb a language when you only go to class once a week, but I need to hit the books harder if I ever want to learn a foreign language (and I do).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where's the pic of you with the new haircut and the new glasses? Don't make me photoshop them in!

towwas said...

Oh my god, that was the wrong training? I hope the right one makes more sense.

I pretty much can't learn a language unless I'm going to class every day.

Anonymous said...

bloody hell! hasn't anyone told you that you're american? learning new languages is for foreigners!!!