Friday, October 06, 2006

The Science of Sleep


It's been rainy today, and cold. DC smells clean now but it was a sad reminder that I really need to start wearing shoes and probably long sleeves when I go out, because sandals just aren't cutting it anymore.

Schmer and I snuck out of work early today to go see The Science of Sleep. It's written and directed by Michel Gondry, who directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and it's very, very strange. The strangeness could be summed up by saying that the main character's dream life is more important than his waking life, and the two frequently blend together. Highly recommended for those who like their arty films served up with a liberal sprinkling of belly laughs.

2 comments:

towwas said...

Every time I hear the title I think of a cover story by the same name that my publication ran a few years ago. And that just kind of takes the fun out of it.

Coloradan said...

Would it help to think of it as "La Science des RĂªves"?